I have been thinking about this post for over a week. Not sure how to post about the incredible weekend that we had a few weeks ago.
My question is, do I continue to post things that are light hearted and funny, all very important in an economy like ours, or do I share some of the sacred things that are dear to my heart. WHAT TO DO?
I have decided to just let it flow, and we will see where it takes us... Sorry for those of you that wanted more from the police blotter.
On September 22, a little 6 year old in our Ward Family died of a brain tumor. Although, we have been in this ward for such a short time, this families influence has been felt in our family greatly. The strength, and testimony that they have shared have made it hard for me to not think about those things that are really important. If you would like to read about sweet little Mara Adams, check out her link. So, our weekend started out with her funeral.
The chapel was packed. As we drove into the parking lot, I commented to my children about how full the lot was. I said, "I don't think this many people would come to my funeral.", at which Alexa piped up from the backseat, "Yeah, I wouldn't come!"
The funeral was beautiful. The spirit that was there was like no other. You knew you were in an especially sacred place. Thank you for sharing you testimony Bryan. I know that a lot of people that were there, felt the spirit.
After the funeral, we decided to go for a hike in the woods by the river. I forgot to mention that my nephew had flown into town for a surprise for his Grandmother that was going to be arriving on Saturday. He was a good sport as we took this trail, needlless to say, not one of us came out of it dry or not muddy! He forgot to mention as we went off the trail, that he had never been a boyscout!
Late that night, my Father and his new wife, along with a brother and his 14 month old baby joined us. The plane was late, very late, after midnight, but Michael and I had fun hanging out at the airport, people watching!
The next day was very important for Alexa. She had made the decision to be baptised. How proud we are of her, and the good choices that she is making. My Father was able to baptise her and my brother confirmed her a member of the church. We got to share our testimonies with her and with all that were there. To be able to feel the spirit so strongly was indeed a blessing in all of our lives!
We were very excited when Grandma and Grandpa, along with my Sister-in-Law, showed up late that night. How surprised they were to see Jose!
The next day brought church, and especially wonderful testimony meeting. How grateful we are to be able to continue sharing in that spirit!
After church, the adults took a tour around downtown Seattle. It was fun to be able to share this place that I love with my family!
Everyone finally left on Monday, with us exhausted and thrilled about the wonderful time that we were able to share with our family. How great to know that we can be together forever! To know that we have a loving Heavenly Father, that knows each of us individually, that knows the intentions of our hearts, our sorrows and our joys.
Thanks for letting me spout!






4 comments:
Thank you for sharing about your wonderful; weekend.
Don't ever feel the need to "edit" what you post. It's your blog.
Love you guys.
Sorry for the family's lost. Lately I've heard about quite a few funerals. It's hard to loose our loved ones, but the knowledge of the plan of salvation and the spirit at the services always bring a feeling of hope of love.
Congrats Alexa on your baptism. BTW - love the haircut!
what an amazing weekend! thanks for sharing. congrats alexa on your baptism! sounds like you are enjoying Seattle...we miss you and your wonderful sense of humor. sitting on the couch at the church waiting for scouts to be over just isn't the same!:)
Thanks for sharing the good time had by all that I unfortunately missed. I am excited for Alexa and now almost all of your family is moving forward with the plan. But not to worry, someday you will have all of your family walkin down the same path. You know we love you and your family very dearly and I really appreciate the love you have for us. Now, about the economy.....
Post a Comment