
I have been thinking quite a bit lately, about crossroads. Every day when I go to town, I have 2 possible ways to go. Both ways are about the same distance, both juncture at the same place, but it is still a choice I have to make at least once, if not several times a day. There once was a time when we first moved here, that I didn't realize I had options, so I was quite content to just continue going straight before I made my turn. Now I can make that turn about 1/2 mile earlier. The road is a little bit more winding, with beautiful scenery all the way down. The problem really comes when I make the decision to take the earlier turn, and then I run into road construction or school zones. If I chose to go straight, I might run into a couple of lights that would slow me down.
Why am I rambling about crossroads? Because our lives are a continual coming to a crossroads. Had I not decided to skip out on my company party to go dancing instead, I wouldn't have met Handsome. Had we not moved to Las Vegas when we did, I probably wouldn't have had Quinn. Had Handsome not decided to quit his job when he did, we probably wouldn't have found our way out of Utah. Sometimes, the decisions are small little things, should I stop and get that Jamba Juice that I am craving, or should I save my money and go back home and eat something a little bit healthier?
I guess the best part is we are all on a journey, it is how we handle those crossroads, the attitudes we have when we are travelling on the 1st road or the 2nd road that determines who we will become. We have to learn to accept the consequences of our actions, with humor and thankfulness for the lessons we have learned.






3 comments:
So true. Thanks for sharing your thoughts, very inspiring!
Nice post! It's funny to think of the 'what ifs' in life. It's often the just simple things that are of of greatest consequence.
I always like to take the route with the roundabout. I like the idea of occasionally being able to go back where I'd just been. It's like being on a ride. At a regular intersection you have only 3 choices, left, straight, right. With a roundabout you get left, straight, right, and right back where you came from. Kind of like a do over.
On the good roundabouts I play that song by Yes.
I think I feel a blog idea coming on.
Post a Comment