October 14, 2008

Creativity

I love my children. I love that they are so creative. I love that they love to make things, that they love to sing and laugh.
NOW
If only I could teach them to pick up after themselves!
I have spent the better part of the day cleaning kids rooms, so that I can once again,
THINK!
I have given it my all. I have tried to stand back, let them have their spaces, let them CLEAN on their terms.
I have found for the last few weeks, I haven't been motivated to do anything, then it hit me, my house is a disaster, and not caused by me! I'm sorry, I thought I could reform, but I don't think it will be possible. I have to live in a clean house!
They look innocent, don't they?

Madison swears it is not hers!

Michael knows who it belongs to!

3 comments:

Harlene said...

SO that's my problem...creative children. This whole time I thought it was me!

nevadanista said...

I have to say that I'm afraid I can't blame my house on creative children. It's me...but I admire your non-creativity!!!

And yes, they do look innocent. But we mother's know better ;-)

Rebecca Talley said...

It's amazing to me how my kids can destroy my house so fast. They always whine that it's too hard to clean, but they never complain that it's too hard to mess it up in the first place. Seems a little lop-sided.