September 21, 2008

Sunday's Lesson


This is not my usual, nor sarcastic add today. I just want to share with you what an amazing Sacrament Meeting we had at church today. (Sacrament meeting, for those of you who do not know, is the main meeting at our church. It is where we meet together as a congregation, partake of the sacrament, and listen to different speakers. Instead of having a paid clergy, we hear from people in the congregation that have been asked to speak on various topics). The topic today was Relief Society. The women that were asked to speak just happen to be sisters, and daughters of the Bishop. When I looked at the program I said, "that is what you get for living in the same ward as your Dad!".

These women reminded me of what it means to be a woman. To be able to share the friendship and support of those other women that might be going through similiar circumstances or not, but to be able to give service to those around us. To be able to uplift, cry, hug, laugh with or otherwise. Ladies, we all have people like that in our lives, and if we don't, we need to find them. We forget, when we get busy with our families or jobs, how much we need these relationships. I am just thankful, that no matter where I move to, I have an almost instant companionship with women who have the same values that I do, that have similar likes or dislikes, that know we are in this to endure to the end. I believe that Relief Society is an inspired organization, that it comes from our Father in Heaven, that he loves us, and knows us each personally.

I just felt the need to share this with you. If you have any questions about this, or want to know further email me, or go to lds.org for more information.

2 comments:

Harlene said...

I just gave a lesson in RS on the same subject. How blessed we are!

Thank you for being a friend like that!

nevadanista said...

Ditto all that!