
As many of you know, I have been looking for a job. Not because I want to, but circumstances have made it necessary. The problem that I am having is this.....
Companies are looking for people that have worked say in the last few years, not 12! When they say, what have you been doing for those 12 years, do I say...
"Cleaning up throw-up? Or taxi driver? Or hostage negotiator?". I think, especially in the area where I live, where masters degrees are king, that they should give me a break.....
Because I have stuck out this job for the last 18 years! And I am still married! I think that should be worth something?
"Cleaning up throw-up? Or taxi driver? Or hostage negotiator?". I think, especially in the area where I live, where masters degrees are king, that they should give me a break.....
Because I have stuck out this job for the last 18 years! And I am still married! I think that should be worth something?
My favorite question is, "What do you want out of a career?"
My answer, "a paycheck, a box of bonbons, bubble bath, and a good book!"
You think this is why I haven't found a job yet?






2 comments:
I feel your frustration. In this day when we "choose" to stay home doesn't for one second make it easy.
I just got a lecture from a family member on how spoiled I am, being "taken care of" by poor Chris all these years.
I'll pray for you guys.
Keep at it, and don't give up. Something will come along when you least expect it. The way it works is not what you know, but who you know. By the way, I gave a very similiar lecture to Michael the other night.
Post a Comment