November 24, 2008

YOU HAVE GOT TO LOVE THIS LITTLE BOY


Quinn makes me smile. He is forever and a day coming up with plans on how to earn money. There is always the video game that he must buy, the itunes card that he must find a way to earn, just because there is one song, Mom!

He feels like he has gotten a rotten deal. As the only boy with 4 sisters, he is surrounded by women. He hears about makeup, clothes and puberty, and just wishes that there was just a little more testosterone in the house. He doesn't feel like he is going to make it until his sisters marry and he has brothers in law.

Quinn had to spend Thursday and Friday nights, and most of the day Saturday, at various stake centers watching his sisters play volleyball. It is very exciting, unless there are no boys around to play with while the games are going on, in this case, it is the STUPIDEST THING EVER!
During a break on Saturday, I took Quinn with me to go pick up another sister from a sleepover. I figured it was good bonding time, you know, Mother and son.
As I am driving down the road, Quinn very seriously looks over at me and says, "You know Mom, my 11th birthday is coming up".
"Yes, Son", I replied.
"Well, I don't want you to be surprised when there is a knock on the door, and my invitation comes to attend Hogwarts. Oh, and by the way, I am taking the cat as my pet, he and I have already discussed it."
"Really?", I say, "and how do you know you will get this invitation?"
"Well, it is in the cards, haven't you noticed the magical, unexplained things that have been happening?"
"Well, maybe it is your sisters that are causing this magic", I replied.
"No Mom, you are all muggles, and it is time for me to leave and fulfill my destiny!"
Now who said life was dull?
You gotta' love this boy!

1 comment:

The Whites said...

He is so cute!! I love my boys so much, I'm glad you got one!! I love his "need" for an itunes card!!