
I have decided to join Jen and Harlene, and start celebrating Thankful Thursdays.
As the rain has started to fall, the leaves have changed colors and then the calender decided it needed to move into November, I start thinking about Thanksgiving. First thoughts, who should we invite, how chaotic do we want this day to be, or who do we know that has nowhere to go. Then come the thoughts, why do we even celebrate this holiday where the TV is blaring with football, we eat too much and the kids are stir crazy because they can't call their friends to play.
The thought process goes even further, we have so many things to be grateful for.
So today, I am going to list a few things that I am supremely grateful for...
I am grateful I live in a country that despite our differences in religions, political parties and genders, we have the ability to let our voices be heard. That we are able to hold elections without fear of death. I am thankful that we have free agency. I am thankful for the differences of opinions and debates, so that we can hear all sides of an argument, and then make choices that feel right to us. I am thankful for prayer, that we have a Loving Heavenly Father that knows us and listens to us, even when nobody else seems to. I am thankful to wake up every morning and know that there is food in my home to eat, and that I have a roof over my head. And the thing I am most thankful for today, are no more political ads, at least for a few months!
Let's all try to have Thankful Thursdays, to think about what we have, and not what we don't have. To realize how blessed we all are.






4 comments:
Welcome to the gang on Thankful Thursdays! (Though I think I've missed a few posts.....)
Cute blogging background!
Amen, sista!
I'm hoping we made the short list on who to invite?
Nice post! I'm so glad the election is over too :)
Post a Comment