November 13, 2008

Thankful Thursday


Today I am doing a two-fold post. First I want to share with you the story of Monisha. As many of you know, when we moved to this area, we were blessed to meet the Adam's family. They were in the middle of a struggle for the life of their sweet little girl Mara, who finally succumbed to a deadly brain tumor called DIPG in September. Though this family has had huge struggles, their spirit and testimony have been a tribute to who they are and what they stand for. I feel very blessed to have been able to meet them.

Now they are sharing the story of Monisha, a girl that lives not far from us in Renton, who is suffering from this same type of brain tumor. Please read her and her families struggles, they are fighting the same fight. Also, in memory of Mara, the teacher that designed the Mara's Team shirts has designed a new shirt, In memory of Mara, to try and raise money for Monisha's family. Please if you can, do what you can.

I don't know why this means so much to me, other than my own brother died of a brain tumor. I don't know what type it was, and even though I was not born when he died, my Mother has often talked of the pain that she was feeling, watching Ricky pass away. I would like to hope that we can give as much as we can so that this family can know that they have done all that they could do to save their little girl.

Now to the Thankful Thursday part, I am thankful that we can blog and get the word out about struggles that people are going through, so that we can unite and help where we can. I am thankful for friends that support my random posts, and I am thankful that my children are healthy and well at this moment. What do you have to be thankful for?

2 comments:

The Whites said...

Devon, You have a huge heart! I think it is so wonderful you posted this!! Sooooo THANKS!!

nevadanista said...

"I am thankful for friends that support my random posts"

:D

I'm so grateful we've enjoyed good health! Thanks for sharing these stories.