November 20, 2008

I LOVE MY LIFE

Recently, I found a friend that I hadn't seen, written or heard from in over 20 years. I met this great woman, while I was living in England, and we had some great times together. We along with a group of other Aussies, Kiwis, a few Londoners and me, the lone American, were always going, doing or causing havoc. We didn't care about how much money one had or what your background was. If you were single, living in London and knew one or more of this group, you were invited to join. It was a great time in my life. I was carefree, living illegally, was without responsibilty and enjoying all that life had to offer.
We all know that you can't live that way forever, although it is not because I haven't tried. As my good friend Dee and I have been communicating, a thought has popped across both of our minds. How would my life have been different had I stayed in England, as was my plan, instead of coming back to the States, or in Dee's case, how different might her life have been had she come back to England, as was her plan, instead of staying in New Zealand. We both know that we wouldn't have met our husbands, had the children we have had, nor the experiences we have had, but it makes you wonder.
I love the fact that I reconnected with Dee. That she first thing, dug around in some of her old pictures and didn't hesitate to post these on the internet for all to see! I am thankful today for the friends that come into our lives to remind us of who we are, who we have been, and who we are becoming. I love my life! I love the experiences that I have had, the funny ones, and the sad ones.
Now, I don't want anyone to come to me, and say, is that REALLY you? I too am posting these pictures as living proof, that I was once fun and carefree!
Dee, Me and our good friend Caroline, that passed away about 2 years after this was taken.

On the streets of London

Trying to find a taxi late at night. I assumed a little leg would work!



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello

Agatha Luckwü said...

Hi!!!

I'm a Brazilian Girl and I love your country!!!
your Blog is very intersting!!!

visit my blog too ok?!
Bye-bye!!

Harlene said...

I agree, just think how empty your life would be had you not moved to Reno?!!