August 5, 2008

I GET IT!


As my dear friend Harlene, has so kindly reminded me, I have been tagged. What this entails is telling you 6 random facts about me. Since most people know my little quirks, I think this is going to be hard, and that is why it has taken me several days to come up with something. Michael had suggestions, but I decided I needed to come up with things that I could actually tell people.

1. I really like being alone. Kind of weird, since I live in a house with 5 other people, and we always seem to have visitors, but I love keeping myself company.

2. I once played poker in Monte Carlo. I didn't win anything, nor run into James Bond, so I quit while I was ahead, or in my case, behind.

3. I love the water. Be it the ocean, a lake, a river or even my bathtub, It makes me happy. Even rainy days makes my toes wiggle and get excited!

4. I was in Russia soon after it was opened up to the west, and was proposed to by a young Russian black marketeer, who wanted to come to America. (Too bad for him, I lived in England at the time).

5. I love Barbara Streisand. I have all of her albums (boy if that doesn't date me), and almost all of her movies. I used to watch Yentl over and over, and thought that I would love to go undercover for my beliefs, to give up everything to be able to conquer my world.

6. And now I come to six....I didn't realize that this would be so hard....I have a deep fear of snakes. Not just a little fear, but a phobia. I can't see them in pictures, in movies, or even have people talk about them. When I take field trips to the zoo, I stay outside of the reptile house, and let the other parents take my group of kids through.

There, now you know a few more random things about me. I in turn, am going to tag all of my readers. Post 6 random things about yourself, so that we can get to know you just a little bit better!

2 comments:

Harlene said...

Love the story about Russia! I, too, have a phobia, MICE! I think you knew that one though. Hope all is well!

Amparo said...

Devin shakes and shivers when he sees snakes, it's kind of eerie! Now you have two things in common.