July 25, 2008

Is it Thanksgiving?

I know many of my friends and family find it exciting to be up at 5:30 on the day after Thanksgiving to hit all the stores. I must admit, there have been a few years where I have joined them, but it has to be for something really good. (I am not female apparently, since I hate to shop). Today should have been like most of my other days now that my children are getting older, I should have been lazying in my bed until at least 8:30 or 9:00, gotten up and showered, woken the other children by 10:00, and then started the day, but no.... Today was a special day for our family. Today marked the reason we have moved our family to Seattle. It was the official opening of Jac's restaurant and with that, the official opening of the mall expansion.

Jac and his Business Partner


We have been warned that this is a really exciting thing. Now we have gone through several restaurant openings, which are exciting in and of themselves, but to have a whole mall opening? My daughter was thrilled, especially since she is working in one of the stores! So we woke up at the unforgivable hour of 5:30 am and drove ourselves to the mall. What is even crazier is the THOUSANDS of people that were already there, for a mall that didn't open until 10:00 am! What are people thinking?


The experience was .....interesting, we saw some unknown celebrity, I think he was from Trading Spaces, and got a front row seat to hear the Governor of Washington welcome the mall, the biggest in the whole Northwest, to Seattle. Then with a lot of fanfare, and some insanely crazy people doing acrobatics off the building we were finally allowed in to collect all of our SWAG. Ok the truth is, we had heard that there would be a lot of SWAG, and that is the only reason I got my behind out of my warm and comfortable bed. Thank Goodness they don't have these kind of openings all the time! I need my sleep!

2 comments:

Amparo said...

Your forgetting, Aaron and I don't get up super early in the morning either... I cannot believe you did not know Robert Verdi???? I am stunned. I thought you kept up with all of the latest designers. Anyways, I am so excited for Jac. Hopefully things will be stable this round and you can call Seattle home for a long time, you know that is my homestate, Tricities, Pasco.I bet now it rings a bell. So if you have any leftover swag that you aren't going to use or you got too much, send it over my way. Love ya!

Harlene said...

Not only do I not know who Robert Verdi is, I don't know what a swag is either. I also don't like malls or getting out of bed. a restaurant opening though, I like. Congrats!