June 17, 2008

Congratulations Nikki & Holly!

As many of you are aware, California has finally legalized gay marriage. I am certain that there are a number of you that don't really care, as it has no effect on your lives. This is having a huge impact in our lives, and in the life of one of our children. Nicole Marie Chandler, Jac's oldest daughter and my stepdaughter, is getting married today. She and her partner Holly have been in a committed relationships for 3 years. Together they are raising Nikki's 2 boys in a kind and loving home. I know that this is not the conventional wish for parents, but we couldn't be happier for the two of them. That the love that they share will afford them the rights that Jac and I have, and so many of us take advantage of. I know also, that some of you will be offended that I am supporting this, but I want you to know, that I know that our Heavenly Father loves each of his children unconditionally. It is not for us to judge or be judged by others. My hope for them is simple, that they will be able to live a long and happy life together, with mutual respect, love and understanding, and that they will raise the boys to be upstanding young men. Nikki and Holly Congratulations! We Love You!

1 comment:

Harlene said...

I am glad to hear your daughter is happy.

She looks so much like your other kids.